Breaking

Wednesday 4 July 2018

Re: [FunBBGroup] The Hollywood Reporter: 'Big Brother' Season 20 Contestants Accused of Racism and Sexual Harassment

 

That is quite different then what I am saying ! 

J

Sent from my iPad

On Jul 4, 2018, at 2:41 AM, Carrie Courter c_courter@yahoo.com [FunBBGroup] <FunBBGroup@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

I'm all for not judging a person based on skin color, always have been.  But describing a person using skin color seems fine.  Around my apartment complex, we are officially now one of 2 non-black families.  The other is the maintenance guy..  When someone asks what apartment is ours, we get referred to as the Whities.  I'm fine with that, it's meant as descriptive.  9 months of it, and I still chuckle and giggle over it when I hear it.  To my knowledge, not one of my neighbors means it in a racist manner.  It's just....descriptive, because we are white.  Same goes, when we get food delivered, or someone is coming to pick us up, taxi driver or medical transportation, when they are trying to find our apartment, I know odds are, the person on the other end of the phone is not white.  And I'll simply say "Look for the white person".  It makes life easier than saying "look for a person dressed in jeans and a black t-shirt" when there could be several dressed in those same colors.

Carrie Courter
Happiness is having the best son a mother can ever hope for :)


On Wednesday, July 4, 2018, 12:08:08 AM CDT, Jeff Nelson JEFFNC1@GMAIL.COM [FunBBGroup] <FunBBGroup@yahoogroups.com> wrote:




A black person calling you a cracker is very racist ! Or calling you paleface . 
It would be nice if we did not judge people on their looks !  It goes both ways.  That is true Crystal . The two young women commenting they are looking ghetto cause they are getting deep suntans is very dumb of them. Maybe more naive than racist 
, I hope,  on their part... but maybe not . But they would be smart not saying that stuff at all.  They are on national tv .  I actually feel uncomfortable discussing it .  
Jeff 

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 4, 2018, at 12:12 AM, 'Crystal Krantz' lovebarbie@roadrunner.com [FunBBGroup] <FunBBGroup@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

If a black person makes a joke or fun of a white person's pale skin, is that racist too?  I guess I feel it can go both ways.  Doesn't make comments like that right for any race.

 

Crystal

 

From: FunBBGroup@yahoogroups.com [mailto:FunBBGroup@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 3, 2018 5:36 PM
To: FunBBGroup@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [FunBBGroup] The Hollywood Reporter: 'Big Brother' Season 20 Contestants Accused of Racism and Sexual Harassment

 

 

It's ignorant at best. Don't see any malice behind the statement. 

Sent from my iPhone


On Jul 3, 2018, at 17:14, Natalie Natalieav2@aol.com [FunBBGroup] <FunBBGroup@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Saying that black skin color looks ghetto is racist in my opinion. It's a put down about black people. If I'm reading right they make it sound like being black is a negative thing.

Natalie

 

Sent from my iPhone


On Jul 3, 2018, at 5:09 PM, Brian Hartsfield bh@tronstar.com [FunBBGroup] <FunBBGroup@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

What was listed in the article doesn't sound that bad at least not to me. Maybe I'm missing something. 

Sent from my iPhone


On Jul 3, 2018, at 16:51, Jeff Nelson JEFFNC1@GMAIL.COM [FunBBGroup] <FunBBGroup@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

'Big Brother' Season 20 Contestants Accused of Racism and Sexual Harassment
The Hollywood Reporter

Fans are outraged over the behavior of some of the show's castmembers. Read the full story

 

Here we go again ! 

Jeff 

 

Sent from my iPhone



__._,_.___

Posted by: Jeff Nelson <jeffnc1@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (21)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


SPONSORED LINKS
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment