Breaking

Friday 27 March 2020

Re: [FunBBGroup] Latest Covid-19 stats

 

First, breathe :).   Many stores have implemented senior hours, which those who are high risk can use, too.  Typically first thing in the morning, like 6am, when the store is not only freshly stocked but also freshly cleaned.   Call to find out if you can take advantage of that, due to the diabetes.


Now, many who get this are reporting it isn't bad.   We, of course, will hear more about the horror stories than the not a big deal stories.   So keep that in mind..   The hospital horror stories are scary.  But unless you have breathing troubles you likely won't need to be hospitalized.   Treat it like the flu.  

Look at the common cold.   It spreads so easily.  Washing hands, cleaning surfaces, don't share delinks or plates with others, etc.   most of us are already practicing social distancing right now.  

My friend, who was diagnosed last week, is better.  She never once had to be hospitalized.   She is in a high risk group with underlying conditions, and recovered fine so far.   Someone else I know got it, too, but only found out when he got tested because his county health department made him.  He had been in a waiting room with several who tested positive.   He has asthma, he said he just used his rescue inhaler for a few days when he normally doesn't.   Which got me thinking, last week, I had all symptoms, and used my rescue inhaler a lot.  This week?  Haven't used it once, and both Robert and I don't have fevers or coughs anymore, except the occasional cough.  So now I'm wondering if we got it.  To be honest, I hope we did..   Get it over with :)

Also.   Depression over this, and anxiety, are happening in people who normally don't suffer from either.   As a person who has both, and has had them most of her life. I strongly echo what experts are saying.   Meditate for a few minutes if you can.   Find something you enjoy that relaxes you.   For me it's playing computer games, reading, coloring, and watching Netflix or Hulu.   And focus on one good thing each day.   Now, that one seemed silly to me when I first started doing it over 10 years ago, but it helps.   Some days it was literally a pretty weed I saw.   Or hearing a bird chirp.   But reminding yourself of one good thing each day can help, too.

Hugs to you all, and I hope everyone is able to get through this not just mentally and physically, but financially as well.

Carrie Courter


On Mar 26, 2020, at 3:58 PM, Natalieav2@aol.com [FunBBGroup] <FunBBGroup@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


I know :(  NJ is second highest number of cases, right after NY.  We had over 2400 cases just from yesterday to today.  My county is right by NYC so we are the highest county and I'm terrified of getting it.  I stay home but going food shopping scares me to to death.  My husband went last night and i'm scared for him as well.  We both have type 2 diabetes (both in pretty good control) but that's an underlying condition...  And all slots for delivery or pickup are always taken so that's not even an option.  


-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Nelson JEFFNC1@GMAIL.COM [FunBBGroup] <FunBBGroup@yahoogroups...com>
To: FunBBGroup <FunBBGroup@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thu, Mar 26, 2020 4:51 pm
Subject: Re: [FunBBGroup] Latest Covid-19 stats

 
I think because so many of the cases are within the last two weeks .
Not long ago there were only a few cases .
It has taken off like gangbusters !
Jeff 

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 26, 2020, at 4:45 PM, Natalieav2@aol.com [FunBBGroup] <FunBBGroup@yahoogroups....com> wrote:

  
Why is there so few recovered in the U.S.? I want that number to be way bigger...  :(


-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Nelson JEFFNC1@GMAIL.COM [FunBBGroup] <FunBBGroup@yahoogroups....com>
To: JoAn From Fun Group <FunBBGroup@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thu, Mar 26, 2020 4:42 pm
Subject: [FunBBGroup] Latest Covid-19 stats

 
LocationConfirmedRecoveredDeaths
Worldwide
509,427
122,226
23,004
United States
80,020
1,863
1,081
China
81,285
74,051
3,287
Italy
80,589
10,361
8,165
Spain
56,197
7,015
4,145

Sent from my iPhone

__._,_.___

Posted by: Carrie Courter <carriecourter@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (8)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment