Breaking

Tuesday 17 March 2020

RE: [FunBBGroup] I stand corrected

 

I know what you mean about worried that the working person will bring it home.   I'm staying home, but I have less faith in my husband not brining it here.  I almost wish they would mandate every single person stay home for two weeks, but obviously we need some professions to be working!  It annoyed me that so many were still out today going to restaurants one last time before they are mandated closed until 8 pm.  I didn't want to go out, but got a job with the 2020 Census and had to report for fingerprinting at one of their local places (Office Max).  The manager at Office Max doing it was pretty careful, cleaning/sanitizing the scanner surface and offering me hand sanitizer before and after.  I saw lots of cars still in parking lots for restaurants.    It's nice to be able to check in here, on our online friends, and see how all are doing.  We can still talk about TV and watch Survivor!  Who are your favorites for Survivor?  I admit, I like watching Boston Rob, so was bummed he got voted out.  I figured that one of the people will win that haven't played as often.  I don't like the cowboy hat guy (Ben) though… he's snakey.

 

Crystal

 

From: FunBBGroup@yahoogroups.com <FunBBGroup@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Monday, March 16, 2020 8:06 PM
To: FunBBGroup@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [FunBBGroup] I stand corrected

 

 

Yea it's pretty bad here.  I'm in NJ and my county has the most cases that NJ has. Not as bad as NY though but we have now I think 178 cases and something in the 30's in my county.  The other counties all have much less cases.  

Yea, i think they have to shut all this down for a month or maybe more..  It's going to be bad on the economy but the alternative is going to be worse with too many dying or getting very sick.  I do think there are a lot of people getting it and doing ok and i feel like we don't hear those cases so it makes me nervous.  I feel like I hear so much more about those getting very sick or dying but there are people who do ok after getting it.  I have to keep that in mind.  My husband is still working and not able to work at home, at least not yet so i'm worried he'll get it or bring it home to us.  

I'm glad you're doing ok though.  It stinks for our kids but safety comes first i guess.  

-----Original Message-----
From: lovebarbie@roadrunner.com [FunBBGroup] <FunBBGroup@yahoogroups..com>
To: FunBBGroup <FunBBGroup@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Mon, Mar 16, 2020 7:58 pm
Subject: RE: [FunBBGroup] I stand corrected

 

Hi everyone,

Natalie, my son is a senior too.   The progression here in the past few days has been crazy… about 5 days ago, he was annoyed that his last lacrosse season might be cancelled..  Practice had started last week, and I was surprised they let it go to Friday.  Just in the matter of a weekend, we went from that to our schools being closed until after the Easter break, April 20, 2020 is the first POSSIBLE day they will return.  Erie County (NY state) took action quick because they knew it would be a matter of time before it's here.  Then a day later, sure enough 3 cases, one in our own community, a 20 year old young lady who came back from Italy.  Next day (today) 4 more cases confirmed.  They keep having news conferences telling us where these people were, etc.  First the recommended to stay home and social distancing, now a couple days later they have mandated all restaurants, bars, social gathering places, etc. CLOSED starting tonight.  Only drive thru for food ordering is allowed.  I think it's good they are taking these measures now.

 

I work in travel, a newer career where I got a part-time dream job 15 months ago, and 2019 was a great year because I got this and traveled to a lot of great places.  I knew the bubble would burst eventually.  They had me working 3 cruises this year, plus a few nice motorcoach trips.  So far the first one that was March 23 has been moved to November.  Now the travel companies have cancelled or postponed all trips until May 15.  I'm sure that will be updated as time goes by. 

 

Hey, I figure I can get to those much needed projects around the house that I always put off to do something that is more fun.  And there's always Netflix binging…. Something I haven't had time to do.  Maybe I can start watching some of those shows that you all have been recommending, provided they are on Netflix. 

 

Is it that bad where you are yet?  If not, it's probably coming soon.  The only way to stop this and help the hospitals is to slow down the spread and practice good habits.  It's hard.  I get depressed if I'm home for too long not doing anything.  So I'm trying to keep my spirits up by positive reinforcing the things I can get to and accomplish in light of this all.

 

Stay safe everyone,

Crystal

 

From: FunBBGroup@yahoogroups.com <FunBBGroup@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Monday, March 16, 2020 1:10 PM
To: FunBBGroup@yahoogroups..com
Subject: Re: [FunBBGroup] I stand corrected

 

 

No...but he wasn't going to go anyway.  He's not very social and never goes to dances or anything.  So i guess i'm glad he's not upset missing out.  Right now they are scheduled to go back to school in 2 weeks but they said they would re-evaluate then and most say there's no way they'll go back then.  I do hope they can go back this year..even if it's the end of April or beginning of May.

-----Original Message-----
From: Carrie Courter carriecourter@gmail.com [FunBBGroup] <FunBBGroup@yahoogroups.com>
To: yahoogroups <FunBBGroup@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Mon, Mar 16, 2020 1:05 pm
Subject: Re: [FunBBGroup] I stand corrected

 

Did your older son at least get his Senior Prom before Coronapocolypse hit?

 

Carrie Courter

 

 

On Mon, Mar 16, 2020 at 11:54 AM Natalieav2@aol.com [FunBBGroup] <FunBBGroup@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

I do too.  Some are saying schools might be closed for the rest of this school year.  I can't even imagine.  My son is a senior, he's going to miss the whole rest of his last year of school. I mean they are doing work but that's not the same thing.  And then what about lower grades?  My other son is in 10th grade but if there's no more school this year, even with them giving work they will be behind for next year.  I just don't understand why this is so much worse than all other illnesses that have come through.  None of those shut down the whole country or world.

-----Original Message-----
From: Carrie Courter carriecourter@gmail.com [FunBBGroup] <FunBBGroup@yahoogroups.com>
To: FunBBGroup <FunBBGroup@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Mon, Mar 16, 2020 12:37 pm
Subject: Re: [FunBBGroup] I stand corrected

 

Very few of my neighbors went to work today.  It is so odd looking out in the parking lot and seeing it winter Saturday filled.  These are income-restricted apartments, so I doubt many, if any at all, have the savings to go without pay for a week, much less 2 or more.  I'm hoping the complex eases their late rent policy for those who won't be able to make full rent.   Out governor has ordered a moratorium on power shut offs until after the emergency has passed.  There is already one until April 15th for winter, but he extended it.   Which worries me that this won't be over in a month.   

 

I suppose an upside is supposedly things are shipping from China again....   So maybe many products will be more readily available.   

 

And apparently the county is considering closing all parks.    Can you imagine?  Libraries are closed until April.  The zoo is closed.  Museums are closed.  Factory tours are closed.   Schools are closed.   So let's close parks, why not?   I feel bad for parents and kids and paycheck to paycheck workers.   

Carrie Courter

 

 

On Mar 16, 2020, at 10:48 AM, Natalieav2@aol.com [FunBBGroup] <FunBBGroup@yahoogroups..com> wrote:



Oh wow..yea why didn't they notify you so you didn't have to come in?  But yea, I would think if it' mandated by the prime minister they have to pay you.  But I don't know much about Canada.  Here only companies under 500 employees will have to pay if people have to stay home but that hasn't passed yet but is in the process of being passed (hopefully).  But our president almost definitely won't make it mandated that everyone gets paid.  I worry so much of the collapse of all our economies now..  

-----Original Message-----
From: '^^Kar^^' karenita@gmail.com [FunBBGroup] <FunBBGroup@yahoogroups.com>
To: FunBBGroup <FunBBGroup@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Mon, Mar 16, 2020 11:43 am
Subject: [FunBBGroup] I stand corrected

 

Well, guess what? I get to work this morning only to find the building dark and the doors locked.! I called my supervisor at home to find out that somone in our company had to be tested for the virus and until they get the results back we are closed. My supervisor seemed pretty confident that the results would be negative. 

This would have been nice to know before my Mom drove me a half hour to get to work. Oh well. 

 

Today at one pm our prime minister is going to address Canada in a live newscast. Not sure what he will say or what other rules will be put in place...

If the governemnt makes it mandatory to close then I think we might be paid but I am not sure. 

As of now things are up to each company but that may change once the PM makes his announcements. We shall see!

 

Karen

 

 

 

__._,_.___

Posted by: <lovebarbie@roadrunner.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (13)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment