Breaking

Tuesday 17 March 2020

Re: [FunBBGroup] I stand corrected

 

Yep.   They have no problem bailing out banks that aren't even in trouble, but heaven forbid they offer any help to the very people who elected them.  And they get unlimited paid time off.  So to heck with the average worker.

Carrie Courter


On Mar 16, 2020, at 2:54 PM, Natalieav2@aol.com [FunBBGroup] <FunBBGroup@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


Yep. It's looking like that's a possibility.  And my son isn't so upset about it but I am.  I want to see him graduate.  
And now I stand corrected because it looked like that bill the house passed was going to pass the senate..but silly me thought it would...now it's looking like republicans in the senate don't want to pass it and want to change things (not for the better).  I'm sick that they are playing games like this at a time like this.  


-----Original Message-----
From: Carrie Courter carriecourter@gmail.com [FunBBGroup] <FunBBGroup@yahoogroups.com>
To: yahoogroups <FunBBGroup@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Mon, Mar 16, 2020 1:23 pm
Subject: Re: [FunBBGroup] I stand corrected

 
I just realized...graduation.  All these students....  they won't get the graduation experience of walking across a stage and being recognized for completing their education.  High school, middle school, apparently elementary school does it now, too, and college.  Good grief, this one little tiny virus is disrupting so much.

Carrie Courter


On Mon, Mar 16, 2020 at 12:10 PM Natalieav2@aol.com [FunBBGroup] <FunBBGroup@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


No.....but he wasn't going to go anyway.  He's not very social and never goes to dances or anything.  So i guess i'm glad he's not upset missing out.  Right now they are scheduled to go back to school in 2 weeks but they said they would re-evaluate then and most say there's no way they'll go back then.  I do hope they can go back this year..even if it's the end of April or beginning of May.


-----Original Message-----
From: Carrie Courter carriecourter@gmail.com [FunBBGroup] <FunBBGroup@yahoogroups.com>
To: yahoogroups <FunBBGroup@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Mon, Mar 16, 2020 1:05 pm
Subject: Re: [FunBBGroup] I stand corrected

 
Did your older son at least get his Senior Prom before Coronapocolypse hit?

Carrie Courter


On Mon, Mar 16, 2020 at 11:54 AM Natalieav2@aol.com [FunBBGroup] <FunBBGroup@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


I do too.  Some are saying schools might be closed for the rest of this school year.  I can't even imagine.  My son is a senior, he's going to miss the whole rest of his last year of school. I mean they are doing work but that's not the same thing.  And then what about lower grades?  My other son is in 10th grade but if there's no more school this year, even with them giving work they will be behind for next year.  I just don't understand why this is so much worse than all other illnesses that have come through.  None of those shut down the whole country or world.


-----Original Message-----
From: Carrie Courter carriecourter@gmail.com [FunBBGroup] <FunBBGroup@yahoogroups.com>
To: FunBBGroup <FunBBGroup@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Mon, Mar 16, 2020 12:37 pm
Subject: Re: [FunBBGroup] I stand corrected

 
Very few of my neighbors went to work today.  It is so odd looking out in the parking lot and seeing it winter Saturday filled.  These are income-restricted apartments, so I doubt many, if any at all, have the savings to go without pay for a week, much less 2 or more.  I'm hoping the complex eases their late rent policy for those who won't be able to make full rent.   Out governor has ordered a moratorium on power shut offs until after the emergency has passed.  There is already one until April 15th for winter, but he extended it.   Which worries me that this won't be over in a month.   

I suppose an upside is supposedly things are shipping from China again.......   So maybe many products will be more readily available.   

And apparently the county is considering closing all parks.    Can you imagine?  Libraries are closed until April.  The zoo is closed.  Museums are closed.  Factory tours are closed.   Schools are closed.   So let's close parks, why not?   I feel bad for parents and kids and paycheck to paycheck workers.   

Carrie Courter


On Mar 16, 2020, at 10:48 AM, Natalieav2@aol.com [FunBBGroup] <FunBBGroup@yahoogroups..com> wrote:


Oh wow..yea why didn't they notify you so you didn't have to come in?  But yea, I would think if it' mandated by the prime minister they have to pay you.  But I don't know much about Canada.  Here only companies under 500 employees will have to pay if people have to stay home but that hasn't passed yet but is in the process of being passed (hopefully).  But our president almost definitely won't make it mandated that everyone gets paid.  I worry so much of the collapse of all our economies now.  


-----Original Message-----
From: '^^Kar^^' karenita@gmail.com [FunBBGroup] <FunBBGroup@yahoogroups.com>
To: FunBBGroup <FunBBGroup@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Mon, Mar 16, 2020 11:43 am
Subject: [FunBBGroup] I stand corrected

 
Well, guess what? I get to work this morning only to find the building dark and the doors locked.! I called my supervisor at home to find out that somone in our company had to be tested for the virus and until they get the results back we are closed. My supervisor seemed pretty confident that the results would be negative. 
This would have been nice to know before my Mom drove me a half hour to get to work. Oh well. 

Today at one pm our prime minister is going to address Canada in a live newscast. Not sure what he will say or what other rules will be put in place.
If the governemnt makes it mandatory to close then I think we might be paid but I am not sure. 
As of now things are up to each company but that may change once the PM makes his announcements. We shall see!

Karen






__._,_.___

Posted by: Carrie Courter <carriecourter@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (10)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment