Breaking

Monday 16 October 2017

[Reality_And_Drama_TV_Shows] The Voice’: What Happened to the Season 1-12 Winners ( page 1) 1-6

 

  The Voice': What Happened to the Season 1-12 Winners

  • October 15, 2017
The Voice has had many contestants on its stage, but so far just 12 were able to win. We've previously talked about some of the show's champions and their success stories, but here is what happened to each of the Season 1 to 12 winners.

1. Javier Co

Before the show, Javier Colon was a member of The Derek Trucks Band. The first winner of The Voice had a strong start. He turned all four judges' chairs with his rendition of "Time After Time" and was actually one of only two people who got all the judges to do so.

"I just remember the sigh of relief," Colon told AXS when asked about his audition. "I was so pent up leading up to the audition so when it was over, I could finally just relax. I didn't have to try to impress anyone anymore, I could just talk to the four amazing people in front of me."

In the end, he performed "Landslide" with Stevie Nicks and was able to win the grand prize and a Universal Republic recording contract. After the show, Colon released an album called Come Through for You, which ended up selling 46,000 copies. He then did recaps of the show's next season on Inside Voice with Javier Colon. 

In 2016, he came out with another album titled Gravity, with Concord Records. Colon co-wrote every song on the album.lon, Season 1

2. Jermaine Paul, Season 2

Before auditioning for the show, Jermaine Paul was a backup singer for Alicia Keys, Mary J. Blige, Joss Stone, and more. He then auditioned on The Voice with Avril Lavigne's "Complicated," which made CeeLo Green and Blake Shelton turn their chairs. Paul joined Blake Shelton's team and eventually won after performing, "I Believe I Can Fly," "God Gave Me You," and "Soul Man."
After the show, Paul premiered his new single, "I Believe In This Life" on the following season of The Voice. When asked how his life has changed since the show, Paul talked about the perks for his career and his family.

Mainly, now I'm more in control of my own destiny. I move at my own pace, whereas before it was like, if Alicia wasn't on the road, then I had to go find another gig. I was away from my family a lot. Nowadays, it's definitely changed because I'm more able to set my own schedule. I don't miss as much. I'm not away as much from my family. I'm able to go to my sons' games and my daughter's musical performances, so I don't miss as much.

3. Cassadee Pope, Season 3
Cassadee Pope was the lead singer of Hey Monday, but the band later disbanded. She was also in Fall Out Boy's music video for "America's Suitehearts." Pope then auditioned on Season 3 of The Voice and turned around all four judges. However, she picked Shelton as her coach, ended up winning the season, and later came out with a self-titled EP. She also performed on New Year's Eve with Carson Daly with Train.
Pope signed with Republic Nashville and has been doing pretty well for herself in the country music business. In 2016, she performed "Messin' Around" at the CMT Awards with Pitbull and Leona Lewis. She also released a song with Chris Young called "Think of You," which made it to No. 1 in 2016.

"I can see people listening to that and relating to that and that's what a hit song is," Pope said, according to Taste of Country. "Every part of that song grabbed me especially when that verse came in with Emily Shackleton singing on the demo. When she came in and had her own verse I was like, 'Oh my gosh! A girl has her own verse!' It made me love

4. Danielle Bradbery, Season 4
The young blonde came on the scene with Taylor Swift's "Mean," a song that perfectly suited her. Adam Levine, Usher, and Shelton ended up turning their chairs for her. The country singer unsurprisingly chose Shelton as her coach. Danielle Bradbery's last three performances were "Timber, I'm Falling In Love," "Maybe It Was Memphis," and "Born to Fly" before winning Season 4 of The Voice. At the time, she was the youngest artist to win the show.
Afterward, Bradbery got a record deal with Big Machine Records. She began releasing music and even had her song, "My Day" featured in the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia. In 2015, Bradbery also went on tour with Thomas Rhett and Brett Eldredge.

"It's like being on the road with your big brothers," she said according to The Boot. "Sitting there watching their shows has been absolutely amazing. I'm like one of the fans sitting there. It's awesome."
So what is she up to now? In 2017, she released two new songs titled, "Sway" and "Human Diaries."

5. Tessanne

Before the show, the Jamaican singer collaborated with Shaggy and was making her own music. However, Tessanne Chin still took a chance on the show and auditioned with Pink's "Try." All four coaches turned around, but she picked Adam Levine to be her coach. Her last performances were "Try," "Let It Be," and "I Have Nothing," before she won her season of the show.

After The Voice Chin had some pretty good gigs, including a performance at the White House in 2014. She also released her album, Count on My Love with Republic Records. It debuted at No. 41 on Billboard 200.

So what is she up to now? In 2016, Chin came out with a single called "Love Suicide," which she co-wrote with Blu June, a songwriter who has worked with Rihanna and Mariah Carey.

What I love about this song is the way it was written. [Co-writer] Blu June is incredible. I remembering thinking when I was listening to it how soulful it is and not just the melody but the lyrics were, too. People want to feel that way in terms of just surrendering to something that is wonderful and good and is consuming. I'm in a different place in my life where I'm evolving as an artist and as a woman everyday.

Hopefully a single won't be the only thing we'll be getting from the Season 5 winner.Chin, Season 5

6. Josh Kaufman, Season 6
Josh Kaufman was in a band called The New Etiquette, before trying out for the show. He auditioned with George Michael's "One More Try." All four judges turned their chairs, but he chose Levine to be his coach. He then later switched to Team Usher. Kaufman's last three performances were "Every Breath You Take," "One More Try," and "Set Fire to the Rain" before winning Season 6.
Afterward, he made the unprecedented move of going to Broadway after the show. He got the lead role in Pippin in 2014, and it sounds like he is happy with his career choice. "I have to climb the Chinese poles," he told The Hollywood Reporter. "Do a backflip up over a guy, and [walk] two high wires — there's a lot of stuff! It's been fun. It definitely took some practice, but I got comfortable with it fairly quickly."

In 2016, he released a single called "Truth Be Told" and performed "Back Home Again in Indiana" for the 100th Running of the Indianapolis 500.



Virus-free. www.avast.com

__._,_.___

Posted by: C G <ceegee2006@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment