Breaking

Monday 16 October 2017

[Reality-TV-Fanatics] The Voice’: What Happened to the Season 1-12 Winners (page 2) 7-12

 

  7. Craig Wayne Boyd, Season 7
Craig Wayne Boyd went on The Voice to audition with "The Whiskey Ain't Workin'" by Travis Tritt and Mary Stuart. Shelton and Pharrell Williams ended up turning around for Boyd, but Shelton won the country singer over. His last three performances were "My Baby's Got a Smile on Her Face," "Boots On," and "In Pictures."
The winner believes Shelton and Gwen Stefani are part of the reason why he won. "I think it was important because of our likeness in styles of music," he told Sarasota's Herald-Tribune. "His crowd brings fans to mine. But Gwen did really open things up to me, understanding that more people than what I thought were my demographic."

In 2016, he promoted his line of signature guitars. "Coming off of The Voice, we had talked about wanting to do some custom guitars," he told Taste of Country. "I chose to partner with Dean because I could work with those guys and create a guitar that would be something that every teenage young kid that wanted to play guitar could have a cool-looking guitar that also played really well."
Boyd also got married to model Taylor Borland. They now have a daughter together named Dakota Lynne

8. Sawyer Fredericks, Season 8

The singer auditioned on the show with "I'm a Man of Constant Sorrow." He was able to turn around all four chairs, but chose Williams as his coach. His last three performances were "Old Man," "Summer Breeze," and "Please" before winning his season of The Voice.
After the show, Sawyer Fredericks signed a contract with Republic Records. In 2016, he came out with his album, A Good StormThe quick release was part of a new strategy to make bigger stars from the reality show, according to Idolator.

I think that's a little difficult. The label [Republic Records] is actually trying to do that right now. I did all of the writing for the album, and once they heard the album they wanted to really introduce me as a new artist, not just as The Voice winner. They want to get my music out immediately, so that's why they're splitting the two releases up with an EP out now, and the album coming out in early spring.
The young winner went for a contemporary folk and rock sound for his album. "I kind of already had an idea of what style I wanted," Fredericks said according to Burlington County Times. "It was difficult to pick songs that fit my voice, though. [The Voice] wants popular songs. It was hard for me to find songs since I listen to obscure songs."

9. Jordan Smith, Season 9
Jordan Smith auditioned with "Chandelier" and turned around all four coaches with his powerful voice. He joined Levine's team and his last three performances were "Climb Every Mountain," "God Only Knows," and "Mary, Did You Know?" After winning Season 9, Smith got a contract with Republic Records.
After the show, Smith performed "You Are So Beautiful" at the People's Choice AwardsHe also released his debut album called, Something Beautiful. Smith's voice is so powerful that even he was blown away by the album. As he told Parade:

The very first time I heard it, I was so moved by it. It is so crazy how it tells my story and what I believe so much, yet I didn't write it. Stefan Macchio, who played piano for me, and the co-writer Lauren Christy were both there when I performed it, so it was really cool for me to have them there, but that song just speaks to me so much. It is full of little nuggets of wisdom. I think that it represents everything that I believe. It turned out to be the single so people can know exactly what kind of music they can expect from the album.
Things haven't just been going well in his professional life — he also got married to his longtime girlfriend, Kristen Denny in Kentucky. 

10. Alisan Porter, Season 10
The Season 10 winner acted in Parenthood, Stella, Curly Sue, and I Love You to Death as a kid. Then she went on the show to utilize her singing chops. Alisan Porter auditioned with "Blue Bayou" and got all four judges to turn around. She ended up choosing Christina Aguilera as her coach. Her last three performances were "Down That Road," "You've Got a Friend," and "Somewhere" before winning the season.
So what is the Season 10 winner up to now? Porter is working on her upcoming album. "For me, it's just continuing to follow my heart and do music that speaks to me," she told People Magazine. She also said that she is open to collaborating and wants to write as much as possible. She also has another hard task ahead of her.

"Adele stands alone in the industry as far as her genre," Porter continued. "I'm older, so to think about being a pop star is kind of daunting. For me, it's going to be that fine line of just finding my sound and what is going to take me to the next level in the music business."
11. Sundance Head, Season 11
The country-soul singer was able to pull a win in Season 11 for Team Blake. After the show, Shelton actually asked Sundance Head and The Voice alum, RaeLynn, to perform on his Doing It to Country Songs tour. He also signed with Republic Records as part of his reward for winning the show

12. Chris Blue, Season 12
The singer managed to win while on Team Alicia — the first victory for her. The Knoxville performer is performing on tour. He released a single called "Money on You" at the show's finale, but he still has to release his album.
His personal life is also going well since he is getting ready to get married to his fiancée, Stephanie Dunkley.

Follow Nicole Weaver on Twitter @nikkibernice.


Virus-free. www.avast.com

__._,_.___

Posted by: C G <ceegee2006@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment