Breaking

Friday 6 October 2017

Re: [BigBrother_Survivor] 'The Voice' Contestant Stephan Marcellus Explains What Went Wrong with His Blind Audition

 

I was so happy for him when Jennifer turned around! I don't think I've ever seen a chair turn when somebody stumbles on blind auditions and Blake and Adam were so surprised! I hope Stephan has a good run on the show but I've seen some standout talent already!
--------------------------------------------
On Thu, 10/5/17, C G ceegee2006@yahoo.com [BigBrother_Survivor] <BigBrother_Survivor@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Subject: [BigBrother_Survivor] 'The Voice' Contestant Stephan Marcellus Explains What Went Wrong with His Blind Audition
To:
Date: Thursday, October 5, 2017, 9:45 AM























I don't know how long he will last but that
was good that he was still picked,. I think I would have
burst into tears and ran off the stage.
 
'The
Voice' Contestant Stephan Marcellus Explains What Went
Wrong with His Blind Audition
Wednesday,
October 04, 2017
Jeff Dodge
Staff
Writer, BuddyTV
If the previous three episodes didn't have you
convinced, then the fourth night of The
Voice season 13 Blind
Auditions definitely proved that new
coach Jennifer Hudson truly cares about helping the
contestants.

BuddyTV
participated in a conference call with those advancing
artists, including Stephan Marcellus, who explained what it
meant to him for Jennifer to turn her chair despite the
issues with his audition. Also, Anthony Alexander described
what it was like to visit The
Voice when his dad worked on the show, as well as being
compared to Michael Jackson and Prince. And Karli Webster
admits that she's been too afraid to audition -- until
now. Read on for all the details.


What
Went Wrong with Stephan Marcellus' Audition?

As
viewers saw and the coaches pointed out after the fact,
Stephan Marcellus' Blind Audition didn't go off
smoothly. "What happened in my performance at the
beginning was I couldn't really hear the note that I
started on, so I thought I was wrong," he told me.
"Then I tried to fix it. And, of course, I freaked out
in trying to do so. I had to really kind of get my footing
and just keep powering through."

But
despite those issues, Jennifer Hudson still turned her chair
for him. She clearly saw something in him that the other
coaches did not. "When Jennifer turned around, I was
completely grateful for it because she was still able to see
me, which is amazing, through all of that muck," he
said. "But as I said, I was completely grateful and
just super thankful for the fact that I can continue in the
competition and actually show and prove myself. That's
pretty much how I felt."

What's It Like Visiting The
Voice When You're Not a Contestant?

Anthony
Alexander explained on the show that he used to visit the Voice
studio when his dad worked there as a camera operator. What
was it like to be there not as a contestant?

"It
was just super cool in general, just being there, because
it's something that a lot of my friends haven't
really gotten to experience, just being backstage and seeing
all this awesome talent walking back and forth, being
backstage seeing a bunch of different personalities and
stuff," he said. "And it was just really cool,
especially seeing them prepare the stage for the singers and
for a lot of the contestants, seeing a lot of great
talent."

Anthony
added that his favorite contestant to see live was season 9
winner Jordan Smith .

Anthony
Alexander on Being Compared to Michael Jackson and Prince


So
Anthony visited The
Voice studio before being a contestant. And now that
he's on the show himself, he said he's
"honored" that the coaches compared his voice to
Michael Jackson and Prince. "Honestly, I thought
that's the best compliment I've ever gotten.
It's just really cool because I'm a big fan of
Michael Jackson." He added that sometimes we hear
certain up-and-coming singers being compared to giant music
stars, and to have that happen to him was great. "I
never thought to even take Michael Jackson's place
because [he's] such a great performer. And I never
thought anyone could replace [him]; I still don't think
that now."

When
asked if he would ever consider singing a Michael Jackson or
Prince song on The
Voice, Anthony said he would definitely love to sing
their songs.

Why
was Karli Webster Too Afraid to Audition in the Past?


Getting
up on stage and performing in front of an audience,
especially when that audience includes music superstars like
Jennifer Hudson and Adam Levine , can be nerve-wracking.
That's exactly how Karli Webster felt, since she does
not have extensive performing experience (having focused so
much of her time on school and work), and it's partly
why it took so long for her to get up the courage to
actually audition.

"My
mom and a lot of my friends have been nagging me to audition
for years," she explained. "We always watched the
show, and I always dreamed of being on the Blind Audition
stage. And no matter how many times they told me [to] just
do it, I think I was too afraid."

That
fear also stems from her own past failures, as she added,
"I've had a lot of closed doors in the past, which
I think is what kept me from pursuing music wholeheartedly.
I was so afraid to face failure that I just kind of avoided
it. And I faced a lot of failure too. I was very
afraid."

But
Karli finally thought, "What the heck? What's the
worst that can happen?" and tried out for The
Voice. "Doing The
Voice was me having to put both school and work on hold.
It was the first opportunity that I really allowed myself to
make ... my voice my life because prior to that, I was so
focused on school and work that performing full-time
wasn't necessarily an option for me."


What
did you think of Jennifer turning around for Stephan? Are
you looking forward to seeing how she can help him grow? Let
us know your thoughts in the comments section below.

The
Voice airs Mondays and Tuesdays at 8/7c on NBC. Want
more news? Like our Voice Facebook page.

(Image courtesy of
NBC)




Virus-free. www.avast.com




















__._,_.___

Posted by: "Donna M." <crow_donna2002@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment