Breaking

Saturday 30 May 2020

Re: [FunBBGroup] Minneapolis

 

Yep, exactly. Yea it's a good start but the other 3 officers need to be charged too.  Hopefully that'll happen.  


-----Original Message-----
From: Carrie Courter carriecourter@gmail.com [FunBBGroup] <FunBBGroup@yahoogroups.com>
To: FunBBGroup@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Fri, May 29, 2020 2:09 pm
Subject: Re: [FunBBGroup] Minneapolis

 
I watched the coverage all night.   And listened as journalists kept saying these people are just so tired.   I really Hope lessons are finally learned.   It does, and has, angered me that my son is safer walking down the street than any single other man in my apartment complex, exception being the maintenance guy, because they are white and everyone else is black.   And we've lived here for over 2 1/2 years, and not once have I felt unsafe.   

The man who murdered George Floyd has been arrested.  That was nice to wake up to from the nap I took.  Now the other 3 need to be, as accessories.

I admit I truly fear for America though if the guys who murdered that jigger in Georgia are found not guilty, or these officers are found not guilty.   The riots won't be limited to Georgia and Minnesota.  Nearly every state will have some, I bet.   

Carrie Courter


On May 29, 2020, at 11:01 AM, Natalieav2@aol.com [FunBBGroup] <FunBBGroup@yahoogroups..com> wrote:


I thought the same thing, that it's not right and they are turning the bad attention on themselves.  But I realize it's absolute desperation.  This happens over and over and over again to them, and we move on but they don't and can't.  I can't possibly understand what they go through.  I empathize but it's not the same. So my views have changed a bit because they are absolutely in despair that this happens and nothing changes.  They don't know what else to do anymore because nothing changes.  Their sons, fathers, brothers, friends keep getting killed by police and for the most part the police just get away with it.  If you are white you don't get a knee in your neck for 9 minutes while you are begging for your life just for possibly passing a counterfeit bill (which no one even knows if he did or if he knowingly did it).  It's just a fact that they get killed for things that others don't.  So yea, they want to burn everything down.  It's not right, and i wish they didn't do it but I understand it.  


-----Original Message-----
From: Carrie Courter carriecourter@gmail.com [FunBBGroup] <FunBBGroup@yahoogroups.com>
To: FunBBGroup <FunBBGroup@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Fri, May 29, 2020 2:19 am
Subject: [FunBBGroup] Minneapolis

 
Woke up just after midnight to a breaking news alert that a police station was burning. Turned on the tv, and it reminds me of the riots after Rodney King. It is like this country has made no progress in the last 25-30 years. I understand the anger at police not arresting those 4 former officers, but businesses and apartments are on fire now. During a national shut down, worldwide shutdown. I just don't get why people would do this. It won't make the arrests of the officers happen, or happen faster.

Carrie Courter

__._,_.___

Posted by: natalieav2@aol.com
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment