Breaking

Monday 23 March 2020

Re: [FunBBGroup] Wisconsin is now going to be a shelter in place

 

I don't mind absentee voting.  But I admit I liked getting that I voted sticker.   

Carrie Courter


On Mar 23, 2020, at 12:44 PM, Natalie Natalieav2@aol.com [FunBBGroup] <FunBBGroup@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 I think all elections for a while need to be mail only. Probably even in November. Even if things are better by then people will still be scared and turnout will be so down. With mail in everyone can vote without fear. 
My state now has almost 3000 cases and my county has over 600, highest county of NJ by far. We are like second or third highest cases in the U.S. probably because a lot of people from nj work in NY which has the very most cases. We are also being tested at a higher rate than a lot of states for that reason (but still very under tested). 

Natalie

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 23, 2020, at 1:36 PM, Carrie Courter carriecourter@gmail.com [FunBBGroup] <FunBBGroup@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

  

Well, a Safer in place, is what the governor is calling it. It's expected to go into effect on Wednesday. All non-essential businesses, including manufacturing, have to close. We hit over 400 cases. And they are only testing those who are serious, so it's likely the number is actually higher.

I have to say, last week my apartment complex parking lot was full last week. Today? It's normal, pre-Pandemic, empty. So I agree this Safer at Home order is needed.

My county has half of all cases in the state.

Oh. And we have both our Primary and state election on the 7th. But in Milwaukee County, all early voting locations were closed this morning. The election may get pushed back, and there are talks of making elections this year by mail only. They even extended the date to register for absentee.

Carrie Courter

__._,_.___

Posted by: Carrie Courter <carriecourter@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment