Breaking

Monday 21 October 2019

Re: [BigBrother_Survivor] UPDATING YAHOO CHANGES PLEASE READ AND RESPOND

 

They are doing this to irritate us ..LOL Actually they claim most use the email part of it anyway and don't post from the group so why have it . .

The IO website- IO.com

No the groups will all still be on yahoo. unless the owners move it off site. The owners will need to make a decision as to what they plan to do./
But in Dec all the archives files ,photos and all else will be deleted.
IMO all groups owners should be posting about this . Some only read from emai,also they may not have seen the notice at the top of all home page groups. Several groups I am just a member of no owner or moderator ahs even let the groups know that you wont be able to upload files photes after Oct 28 and Dec 14 there will be no files no archives no photos . I have made sure my members all are updated so I don't have to race the last few days . .
On Sunday, October 20, 2019, 11:48:55 AM CDT, Tim Iseminger timsbeach43@gmail.com [BigBrother_Survivor] <BigBrother_Survivor@yahoogroups.com> wrote:




Sharon, being not good at the whole computer thing and enjoying your recaps, etc... even if I don't jump in Yahoo is being a bit scary. Why are they doing this?

Anyway, what is an IO website and how do I find it?

Does this mean all the Survivor/Big Brother groups will be gone?

Thanks, Tim I

On Sun, Oct 20, 2019 at 9:03 AM SHARON ceegee2006@yahoo.com [BigBrother_Survivor] <BigBrother_Survivor@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 

I am seriously thinking of moving this group off Yahoo  to IO website . To stay here we will have no archives( no saved messages) no files . We really don't have much time to make the decision especially for messages files photos etc. If there is anything you have in the files or photos you only have a couple days  to get them out (Oct 25) after that date they are all gone !
I hate to do it but IMO members I believe would want the archives to go back and read something and they wont have that soon. It will be an email list only and if you delete the email you will lose it forever . In IO groups you would get it in email but you could go to the group and reread it .

I will keep everyone updated as to what this group is doing

As most of you know Yahoo groups will cease to be an easy place to have groups. Oct 28 you will not be able to upload anything to the group. In Dec. you will not have access to the group home page. All archives will be deleted and from that date on anything you post from email will not go on the group page.

Therefore  I am changing everyone's email address to the only thing they will be able to use in Dec.
and that is INDIVIDUAL EMAIL  . Since there will be no archives the delivery of special notices ,daily digest and no mail will do you no good to have

In the groups that I am owner of I am going to have a decision to make . Problem is I cannot afford to have IO website transfer members photos archives because it will cost me $110 to do so . I can invite everyone and that will save me that fee. However, nothing will transfer so we will start new.

This is if I change the groups to IO website. There are a couple groups I am only a moderator so the owner will have to make the decision as to what to do next .



__._,_.___

Posted by: SHARON <ceegee2006@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment