Breaking

Monday 20 May 2019

[BigBrotherChatII] Big Brother star Benjamin Norris reveals his mental health struggle after winning the reality show... and reveals vile trolls taunted him about his father's suicide

 

No one should ever have this told to them .
cg




'I don't think I was ever the same person again': Big Brother star Benjamin Norris reveals his mental health struggle after winning the reality show... and reveals vile trolls taunted him about his father's suicide

Published: 11:33 EDT, 19 May 2019 | Updated: 12:06 EDT, 19 May 2019

Benjamin Norris has spoken candidly about his mental health struggle after winning Channel Ten's Big Brother in 2012. 
Appearing on Chanel Seven's Sunday Night, the former reality star choked back tears as he spoke about the impact social media trolls had on his psyche after leaving the Big Brother house. 
'It was one of the hardest times of my life,' Ben said of the aftermath of the show
Despite taking home $250,000 in prize money and even becoming engaged to his partner Ben Williams during the show's finale, Benjamin left the Big Brother experience a broken man. 

I wasn't prepared to deal with what I had to deal with by myself and no-one understood what I was going through... And I was really suffering,' he lamented.  
'I came off that show and it was Instagram, Twitter and Facebook and (I) read everything these people said about me. I can honestly tell you that I don't think I was ever the same person again.' 
Benjamin was then probed about the 'worst comments' he received from online trolls.   
'My father committed suicide in 2006 and that story broke while I was on the show,' he explained. 
'The week after I won the show, I think obviously people wanted a different contestant to win and someone said to me, 'I know why your dad killed himself because he has a son like you!' and I wasn't prepared for that.'
'I don't think anyone is.'
Earlier in the interview, Benjamin claimed he experienced another disturbing encounter with a viewer from the show.   
'I went out to dinner one night. And someone had taken a photo over the stall while I was going to the bathroom and put that photo on Instagram. This was not a flattering photo,' he said. 
Ben also spoke about why he decided to enter the Big Brother house in the first place.  
'I think it has a lot to do with validation and redemption. I think for me I wasn't the popular person at school. I would love to have been. I wasn't the popular person at work,' Ben explained.
He continued: 'So the idea of going onto reality TV and having those people from my old school or the people that I worked with seeing me on TV was like a way of me being able to say to myself that I was okay and that's, I think, validation.' 

__._,_.___

Posted by: SHARON <ceegee2006@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


SPONSORED LINKS
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment