Breaking

Tuesday 15 January 2019

[BigBrother_Survivor] Carol Channing, Broadway’s ‘Dolly,’ Dies At 97

 

I didn't even realize she was this old  She died of natural causes . That is good to hear. I hate to see when anyone dies from some nasty disease.  I have had friend die of cancer and the pain they endured toward the end.
cg




  Carol Channing, Broadway's 'Dolly,' Dies At 97

Carol Channing, the star of Broadway classics like Hello, Dolly! who continued performing well into her 90s, has died of natural causes at her home in Rancho Mirage, CA. She was 97.

B Harlan Boll, Channing's publicist, released a statement to Broadway World. It read:
"It is with extreme heartache, that I have to announce the passing of an original Industry Pioneer, Legend and Icon – Miss Carol Channing. I admired her before I met her, and have loved her since the day she stepped … or fell rather … into my life. It is so very hard to see the final curtain lower on a woman who has been a daily part of my life for more than a third of it. We supported each other, cried with each other, argued with each other, but always ended up laughing with each other. Saying good-bye is one of the hardest things I have ever had to do, but I know that when I feel those uncontrollable urges to laugh at everything and/or nothing at all, it will be because she is with me, tickling my funny bone."
A native of Seattle, Channing had a distinctive voice and laugh that marked her many decades in show business. Along with Hello, Dolly!, she appeared in Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, The Vamp and Lorelei. On screen, she received Golden Globe and Academy Award nominations for her performance in Thoroughly Modern Millie and also appeared in the films Skidoo and The First Traveling Saleslady. She gained recognition on television as well, appearing on the Ed Sullivan Show and later on the Hollywood Squares.
Channing was recognized with a Lifetime Achievement Tony Award in 1995 and was inducted into the American Theatre Hall of Fame in 1981.

__._,_.___

Posted by: SHARON <ceegee2006@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


SPONSORED LINKS
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment