Breaking

Saturday 2 June 2018

Re: RE: [FunBBGroup] roseanne revival cancelled

 

This is all very interesting....I have been around for a long long time....I was born in Ca. and lived there until I was 13..., known as "military brat", signs I saw on store fronts were sickening, and yes we were all put into a groups which included "dogs, sailors and' blacks" (not what they were called) gawd it makes me sick all over...at this time in MY life I had never seen black people....but now I had to go to school with ugly dirty mouthed white s....mistakenly on the first day of school, I sat down in the wrong section  unknown to me,what I saw was an empty seat.....???...when I got off the bus a group of guys surrounded me and warned me in terms I can't repeat that IF they ever caught me doing the same they would make sure I would never make that same mistake...that was the 50's in Virginia...
That was the beginng..next thing was just confusing....it was me offering a seat to a lady with a baby and a small child......she was scared to death and I was just totally lost.....
L
olaOn ‎Friday‎, ‎June‎ ‎1‎, ‎2018‎ ‎10‎:‎26‎:‎47‎ ‎AM‎ ‎PDT, 'Crystal Krantz' lovebarbie@roadrunner.com [FunBBGroup] <FunBBGroup@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


 

Thank you, Brian, your last sentence said what my intent was.  I personally, don't like to be generalized as a white person lumped into a group of white people from 200 years ago that was ok with what happened.  Just as I wouldn't want anyone to judge myself because I have German heritage, or judge my father being born in Germany as a Nazi.  My father had life long depression from being a young child living in Germany while it was being bombed... it wasn't his choice... people living there had no choice.  Hitler ruled... that doesn't mean that all Germans believe what he was doing.  To hear the stories from my dad being in bomb shelters, it is just sad to me that he lived his whole life with the scars from that... was he ok with what Hitler did and the concentration camps and Holocaust, definitely not.  But will SOME people look at Germans that way for a long time, YES.  It's just unfortunate that we as a people sometimes get lumped into a category because of our skin color.  I personally am very happy and grateful that my black friend Jeannine enjoys my company and that we can be friends despite that we have two different skin colors.  What does bother me is if a group of black people is rude to me because I'm white, or if a group of white people are rude to me just because they don't like my weight or my hair color, or whatever else they might think is wrong.  I've been taking a lot of "law of attraction" classes and learning that it's not about us (or me) but it's about them and their issues.  (them being other people that might upset you or hurt you)

 

Crystal

 

From: FunBBGroup@yahoogroups.com [mailto:FunBBGroup@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2018 10:25 AM
To: FunBBGroup@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [FunBBGroup] roseanne revival cancelled

 

 

I don't think they should be forgotten but should what happened over a hundred years ago still have as big an impact as it does today in interactions between the races and people calling for reparations and the like?

 

However I think one of the issues here is a lack of shared experience.  I do agree with the comment that sometimes it is tough to know what is racist or could be perceived as racist and what isn't.  I've had times where I've seen somebody called out for something and I had to think about it for a while to understand what made it so wrong.  Does that make me racist or insensitive?  No.  I've just had different experiences.  It is easy for me to say "why don't people in the inner cities want to have cops around to lower the crime rate?"  However most of my experieces with police have been positive or if they were negative it was because of my actions so I can't blame the cop for that.  However I understand that they have lived a different life and have had different experiences with the police so have a totally different view.  So there are times where I could accidently say something somebody perceived as racist that wasn't meant that way but because of their experiences which are not mine they did see it that way.  That makes it a lot harder.  

From my side though I get frustrated with how quickly sometimes people throw out the term racist as well and a lot of time it is them being intellecually lazy.  I live in the south and a lot of times people will ask things like "well, why did this state pass that?" and without knowing anything about it some people will just quickly go to "they just wanted to keep the blacks down" and while some people may think that  a lot of times there is a whole lot more to the issue then just that.  Good example.  I live in the northern subburbs of Atlanta.  The subway doesn't come this far out but there was talk about extending it that got shot down.  Maybe people just to "that is just because they don't want those people up there".  Which wasn't the main reason at all.   The main reason is it came with a sales tax increse and vast majority of people here have cars and likely would not use the train very often if at all.  So for most it was a matter of not wanting to pay for something they were unlikely to use.  Is that selfish? yes,  Racist? not really.  

I guess the point of all this is on both sides we need to do a better job of trying to understand where people are coming from and not jumping to conclusions.  


--
Brian Hartsfield  CCNA, CCDA
AIM: kd4aej                                     Twitter: Krandor1
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/brian.hartsfield
Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/brianhartsfield

 

On Thu, May 31, 2018 at 7:22 AM, Natalieav2@aol.com [FunBBGroup] <FunBBGroup@yahoogroups.com> wrote:



The problem with forgetting about these things (slavery, the holocaust) etc is then we are doomed to repeat them.  I already feel we are headed that way, so it's easy for those whose families and generations didn't go through this to say let's just forget about it, but things like the holocaust and slavery weren't THAT long ago...and if we just forget about it and stop worrying about, it, it will happen again.  It may anyway.  

-----Original Message-----
From: 'Crystal Krantz' lovebarbie@roadrunner.com [FunBBGroup] <FunBBGroup@yahoogroups.com>
To: FunBBGroup <FunBBGroup@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thu, May 31, 2018 3:21 am
Subject: RE: [FunBBGroup] roseanne revival cancelled

 

Is racism because she said the "Muslim" word in her tweet?  Excuse my ignorance...  or was it the monkey thing?  If this Valerie woman were white, would it have not been racism calling her a monkey?  I have these conversations with black friends in my life... trying to understand their point of view.  Sometimes I feel like I have to watch what I say so it's not perceived wrong... not because I'm racist, but because I don't want to say anything.  I had this conversation with my nephew's girlfriend, she is black, he is white.  I told her how I have a new friend that is black, and I really enjoy her company, but I feel like I have to be extra cautious to not say the wrong thing.  For example, my group is going on a cruise, and some of the ladies need roommates... she was one of them (I would room with her, but have to room with my cousin who I travel with)... so there's this other black woman that joined my group that I thought would be a good roommate for her, not because they are both black but because I think they are both nice people...  I also recommended some nice white ladies as well... my point is, that it's kind of sad that I even have to worry about what one might think of my intentions...  I didn't want my black friend to think I was recommending the other black lady for a roommate because she's black, so I had a conversation with my son's girlfriend (who is close to our family.... they have a baby together)... to help me understand if it's ok to say certain things without coming across the wrong way!  It just frustrates me because I wish we didn't even have to worry about what it the wrong thing to say.  I told her that I want to understand, that it's not my fault for what happened 200 years ago... how long does this have to go on?  Just like how long to Germans have to pay for what Hitler did?  Most of them had no choice to obey him, even if they didn't want to.  I dunno... just kind of sad to me that these barriers seem to even be an issue.  I hope not to offend anyone and that my words are coming across the way I intend.

 

Crystal

From: FunBBGroup@yahoogroups.com [mailto:FunBBGroup@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2018 6:47 AM
To: FunBBGroup@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [FunBBGroup] roseanne revival cancelled

 

 

It's not name calling or talking about looks. It was out and out blatant racism. And this is not the first time she tweeted racist things... She also tweets anti Semitic tweets too. But she mostly did it before Roseanne started back up so they took a chance with her. But this she tweeted while working for ABC/Disney. That's not what Abc/Disney wants representing their company. 

If she had just made a comment about looks she wouldn't have been fired. She was fired for racism. 

Natalie

 

Sent from my iPhone


On May 30, 2018, at 12:46 AM, 'Crystal Krantz' lovebarbie@roadrunner.com [FunBBGroup] <FunBBGroup@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

First comedy show I watched every episode in quite some time.  Too bad she had to open her big mouth.  Let's face it, there's usually been a time when anyone will pick on someone's looks, but to do it publically is just stupid.  Her mind must be going.  I don't condone what she did, it's just too bad because a lot of people liked her show.  I wonder why she had a beef with that lady to even bother tweeting something about her.... I never even heard of this lady.  I dunno, people just do stupid things sometimes and then regret it.  My husband and I were talking about it and not 1/2 hour later he was commenting on someone's looks in a TV Commercial and I joked to him that he'd be fired for that!  It doesn't matter if black or white, shouldn't publically call someone on their looks... but if she had said that about a white person, would it have been the same result?  You just can't go around using the ape/monkey comment about people. 

 

Crystal

 

From: FunBBGroup@yahoogroups.com [mailto:FunBBGroup@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2018 7:26 PM
To: Brian Hartsfield bh@tronstar.com [FunBBGroup]
Subject: Re: [FunBBGroup] roseanne revival cancelled

 

 

Frasier and Cheers were made by CBS, yet NBC aired them both.  Same with Wings..  All 3 were CBS productions that aired on NBC..  But.....none of them had the PR problem that Roseanne currently has..  But don't forget, she did something pretty awful back in the day, with thin singing of the national anthem, and grabbing her croch.  And everyone got past that.  So this isn't a death knell for her completely.

 

Carrie Courter
Happiness is having the best son a mother can ever hope for :)

 

 

On Tuesday, May 29, 2018, 4:30:48 PM CDT, Brian Hartsfield bh@tronstar.com [FunBBGroup] <FunBBGroup@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

 

 

It would be tough for somebody else to pick it up..  

 

1. How many of the cast would come back?  One cast member already left before they cancelled it.

2.  The show is made by ABC itself which would make it tougher to show to another network and i doubt abc would even want to.  


--
Brian Hartsfield  CCNA, CCDA
AIM: kd4aej                                     Twitter: Krandor1
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/brian.hartsfield
Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/brianhartsfield

 

On Tue, May 29, 2018 at 2:42 PM, Natalie Natalieav2@aol..com [FunBBGroup] <FunBBGroup@yahoogroups..com> wrote:



I would hope not. And I hope another network doesn't pick the show up either. 

Natalie

 

Sent from my iPhone


On May 29, 2018, at 2:40 PM, Jeff Nelson JEFFNC1@GMAIL.COM [FunBBGroup] <FunBBGroup@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

Roseanne lost a lot of peoples jobs by doing that .  Why say that ?  

Well I doubt they will consider her for any show in the future !

Jeff 

Sent from my iPhone


On May 29, 2018, at 2:22 PM, Natalieav2@aol.com [FunBBGroup] <FunBBGroup@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

It definitely was.  It's too bad because i liked the show itself despite her...but that was reprehensible.  

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Hartsfield bh@tronstar.com [FunBBGroup] <FunBBGroup@yahoogroups.com>
To: FunBBGroup <FunBBGroup@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tue, May 29, 2018 2:12 pm
Subject: [FunBBGroup] roseanne revival cancelled

 

dang that was quick.  abc wasted no time taking action.  Was the right move.  

--
Brian Hartsfield  

 

 

 

 

 

 

Virus-free. www.avast.com

 

 

__._,_.___

Posted by: "fairlylovely@yahoo.com" <fairlylovely@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (41)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment