Breaking

Friday 1 June 2018

Re: [FunBBGroup] Roseanne update: ABC might put costars in new show | EW.com

 

I'm sorry....i know you mean well....but racism is NOT about looks.  I know people explained the context of ape.  It's not just about looks.  I am going to stay out of this conversation after this...but i just had to point out, you keep saying looks and it's so much more than that.  Valerie Jarett and Susan Rice were both called apes by Roseanne and it wasn't just about their looks at all.  It's a context of saying they are subhuman...not a full person and therefore shouldn't have the same rights as humans.  That's all i'll say on it. It's so much deeper than being called a name or judged for looks.  


-----Original Message-----
From: 'Crystal Krantz' lovebarbie@roadrunner.com [FunBBGroup] <FunBBGroup@yahoogroups.com>
To: FunBBGroup <FunBBGroup@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Fri, Jun 1, 2018 1:36 pm
Subject: RE: [FunBBGroup] Roseanne update: ABC might put costars in new show | EW.com

 
No, I wasn't giving her a pass at all to be clear.  I'm just a person that looks at all sides and points of view..  And yes, I have been judged for my looks, and don't like it.  When I was a kid, I got picked on because I had red hair.  As an adult, I get complemented for it.  No one should EVER be judged because of their looks.  My husband makes comments a lot about newscasters or people he sees on TV, and it aggravates me.  I know he doesn't like it when something says something about him, so a lot of people can be hypocritical... we all have been at one time or another. 
From: FunBBGroup@yahoogroups.com [mailto:FunBBGroup@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2018 7:25 AM
To: FunBBGroup@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [FunBBGroup] Roseanne update: ABC might put costars in new show | EW.com
 
 
Crystal, don't take this wrong, but you seem really intent on giving Roseanna a pass, which is, to me, showing you are ok with what she said.  What if someone judged you solely based on the color of your skin. Or your eye color?  Or your religion?  That's all they are judging yo on, nothing else. 

__._,_.___

Posted by: natalieav2@aol.com
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (27)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment