Breaking

Sunday 4 February 2018

Re: [FunBBGroup] Re: Flu vaccine is about 10% effective this part of the reason is growin

 

My mom got the flu shot this year and she's really sick now. I made her go to the doctor and she either has bronchitis or pneumonia I'm worried about her. He gave her a bunch of medication and said if she's not any better by Monday to get a chest x Ray. 

Natalie

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 3, 2018, at 2:18 PM, Jeff Nelson JEFFNC1@GMAIL.COM [FunBBGroup] <FunBBGroup@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

It is better than nothing ! But 10% is not good !  And close to nothing ! So I think they need to do better ! Just saying !  That is all .

My nephew is a doctor in Minneapolis and had the flu shot and got the flu pretty bad anyway ! He gave it to his wife 
And his three kids! All were vaccinated. So I asked if he recommends it! He said as a doctor I have to. But it does not give you much protection.  He said most years it works around 50%. This year it is flat out a poor match . 
Jeff 

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 3, 2018, at 1:31 PM, Carrie Courter c_courter@yahoo.com [FunBBGroup] <FunBBGroup@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

I'd rather have a 10% protection than 0%.  So it does what it's intended to.  They guess at what the strains may be.  Educated guessing.  And getting the shot, it helps your immune system get introduced to variants of what may be out there.  So, it's better than nothing at all.


Carrie Courter
Happiness is having the best son a mother can ever hope for :)


On Saturday, February 3, 2018, 12:26:48 PM CST, Jeff Nelson JEFFNC1@GMAIL.COM [FunBBGroup] <FunBBGroup@yahoogroups.com> wrote:




I hope they figure out a way to make the flu shot more effective!  One reason the flu season has been so rough is that it does not work very well..
Jeff 

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 3, 2018, at 10:39 AM, gibbie scout8775@gmail..com [FunBBGroup] <FunBBGroup@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

The last 12y/o boy to die in FL. died from type B which the shot works against. Of course, they didn't give him the shot. I just don't understand people. In the last month or two, I have not had on the tv w/o hearing it is not too late to get the shot.



__._,_.___

Posted by: Natalie <natalieav2@aol.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (8)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment