Breaking

Wednesday 12 February 2020

Re: [FunBBGroup] So, I'm a Nielsen House!

 

So weird. Last week I was telling my daughter about Nielsen ratings and how that worked. She said (skeptically) "did you know anyone who had that box" and I didn't which was weird that in my whole life I never met a Nielsen family. Now finally I can say I have! 

On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 7:54 PM Carrie Courter carriecourter@gmail.com [FunBBGroup] <FunBBGroup@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 

A few weeks ago I got a letter from Nielsen, along with 2 crisp dollar bills, saying they'd be calling me to ask about my viewing habits.  They called, and I answered some questions, the general, how many in household, ages, sexes, income range, and what channels I've watched in the last 3 days.  No biggie, didn't hurt me any to answer, so I did.  Now, in the early 90s, I was chosen to record in a little booklet what I watched for a month.  Wasn't a lot, as it was when I was working 3 jobs and full time student. 

Anyhow, so I got another letter last week, saying they'd call.  They called Sunday, and we were chosen to be an actual Nielsen house!  As in what I watch represents a lot of people.  They shipped our devices we use to record what we watch and listen to (something about beacons that each show and station put out, I don't understand how it works).  They don't do the box attached to your TV any longer, and they pick up streaming, too.  I asked about DVR, as I watch 99% of my shows from the DVR, they said it picks it all up, even the streaming services. 

This is so cool.  She explained the financial compensation, we get paid monthly, but I wasn't really paying attention to be honest.  I am more excited that I actually have a voice in hopefully keeping the shows I like on the air LOL


Carrie Courter

__._,_.___

Posted by: Christen P <cwypy76@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment