Breaking

Tuesday 27 February 2018

[Reality-TV-Fanatics] Olympic Bobsledder Lauren Gibbs Deletes Selfie with Ivanka Trump, Sarah Sanders After Onslaught of Hate

 



 
What a shame people have to act like jerks./  I can understand her removing the selfie. I hope she kept a copy for her scrap book. Might be the only time in her life to be in  a picture with people like Ivanka and Sarah. The presidents daughter for crying out loud. Heck I would have selfied with Michelle Obamas daughter .
 The foreign countries are probably laughing at us .
 WHY cant people just leave politics out of everything
\cg

 

 

Olympic Bobsledder Lauren Gibbs Deletes Selfie with Ivanka Trump, Sarah Sanders After Onslaught of Hate

by CHARLIE SPIERING  Breitbart.com  26 Feb 20185,525

Medal-winning Olympic bobsledder Lauren Gibbs deleted a selfie she took with Ivanka Trump and White House press secretary Sarah Sanders after she received a torrent of online hate.

"It's important to remember that we don't have to agree on everything to get along, be civil to each other and enjoy each others company," Gibbs wrote, posting the selfie. "#Itsforamerica it was a pleasure to meet you both!":
lauren gibbs
Olympic bobsledder Lauren Gibbs with Sarah Sanders and Ivanka Trump
But some of her fans and critics were infuriated by the photo and a video showing her letting Sanders and Trump wear her silver medal.
Gibbs responded to some of the haters, trying to explain why she let people wear her medal.
"I mean I have let many people try it on!" she wrote. "It's a frickin Olympic medal and most people will never know what it is like to earn one, wear one or even touch one! It is meant to be shared."
She denied that the photos meant she was complicit with Trump's agenda.
"I am not falling for anything…but being nasty to them would not solve the issue…and don't get me wrong there are many issues," she wrote. "I am capturing the full experience of my first Olympics, they are part of it … again whether I like what they stand for or not."
Others warned her she could lose sponsorships as a result of the photo.
"There are too many things in this world to worry about to let a selfie ruin your day," she responded.. "I hope you can get over it… wishing you the best."
Others mocked her smile, suggesting that she was "uncomfortable" or "forced":
"The sun was in my eyes," she replied:
Another nasty tweet compared her selfie to what it would have been like had Jesse Owens taken a photo with Hitler's mistress, Eva Braun:
This is like Jesse Owens taking a selfie w/Eva Braun during the Munich games.

Ms. Gibbs, you're going to feel mighty stupid when Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner are indicted for money laundering and/or racketeering.
I would feel stupid if I had anything to do with it.. but I don't so I won't
"I would feel stupid if I had anything to do with it.. but I don't so I won't," she wrote.
She also vigorously disagreed that partisan politics should be a part of the Olympics.
"Turning this into a Democrat vs Republican 'thing' isn't the answer it's part of the problem," she wrote.
https://twitter.com/lagibbs84/status/967603888080633856
@lagibbs84 you have got to be one of the most ignorant ninjas in SK right now.
Your insults just prove my point... just because you don't agree with what I said doesn't make me wrong and just because you you disagree doesn't mean you there is a need for name calling...
@lagibbs84 Congratulations , but that picture you took with ivanka troubles me. this situation with the trumps is bigger than you or I
Nah, just a prediction. I wish you luck, but I'm truly saddened that you made that choice, and I do feel it will blowback on you. I love the Olympics but they were tainted by Pence and ivanka. Agree to disagree.
There are too many things in this world to worry about to let a selfie ruin your day. I hope you can get over it... wishing you the best
By Monday morning, the photo was deleted from Gibbs's Twitter profile:
"We don't have to agree on everything to get along, be civil to each other and enjoy each others company," wrote @TeamUSA bobsledder @lagibbs84 posting a selfie of her with @IvankaTrump and @PressSec — now deleted after onslaught of hate

   

       

__._,_.___

Posted by: C G <ceegee2006@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment