Breaking

Wednesday 13 September 2017

[Reality-TV-Fanatics] 'America's Got Talent' Season 12: Semifinals Part 2 Performance Rankings

 

I don't usually post the rankings- I probably should tho when they are available .I agree on the top 2 spots - one way or the other just so they in top 5. I am more of an Angelica fan

I have to agree about the Dogs. I just think they had too many on stage.

'America's Got Talent' Season 12: Semifinals Part 2 Performance Rankings

For everything the quarterfinals lacked during season 12 of America's Got Talent, the semifinals have more than compensated. Sure, you can argue that was by design so we'd end up with 22 quality acts of the judges' choosing, but either way, it feels like we're back on track. The final 11 contestants hit the stage hoping for a spot in the latter half of the Top 10, and though it was a solid night all around, roughly half the field is exponentially more memorable. Here are my rankings.
By Bill King on Wednesday, September 13, 2017 

#11 Pompeyo Family Dogs

Pooches -- especially in an array of arctic wildlife costumes -- are always adorable, but this was the one act that failed to deliver. The pups were distracted by something at the front of the stage and abandoned their posts, and what followed were simple tricks the handlers couldn't sell, despite half-hearted attempts to convince us they were amazing. It may not be their fault, but it was an endearing hiccup nonetheless.  

#10 In the Stairwell

Despite being the sole entry in my "just happy to be here" category, they delivered what I believe was their best performance to date. Sure, they're campy and, sure, the choreography is tacky, but they're a likable bunch. Their only hope is being carried by their military service, while my hope is that they exit on this high note. 

#9 Merrick Hanna

I have never denied his talent, but my knock against him was that his slow songs and solo moves eventually bored me. He sucked me back in by adding a projection screen to aid in his narrative in the quarterfinals, but apparently novelty wears off. I didn't quite follow along if there was a story to this routine, but there was definitely a robot that was on par with a costume I made and wore for Halloween in kindergarten. The addition of flight was a nice touch but, frankly, he lost me during this one.  

#8 Christian Guardino

It was his best performance and a vast improvement, but it's not something I'm taking with me. I'm happy he gets to end at his peak.  

#7 Celine Tam

I'm the first to admit I've never been on the Celine train because even though she's adorable, has a great voice and people obviously love her, she's never exuded star power. She's the best one in the local talent show, but the "it" factor isn't there. Her best is Angelica Hale's worst, though I'll tell you this was her best. I'd never count her out, and she's right on the fringe

#6 Kechi

Her story goes down as the most gut-wrenching and heartbreaking in the annals of AGT history, but it's also up there in human history. I mean, for god's sake, this beautiful creature survived a horrific commercial plane crash and somehow found a way to deliver her gift to all of us. And for that, it is unfair to judge her solely on the merits of her vocal prowess. But judging her solely on the merits of her vocal prowess, her wonderful voice is a step below the competition.  

#5 Diavolo

I got excited when their director's introduction was full of gladiator-like fire and passion, but instead of high-flying battle, they all kinda pranced around to a slow inspirational song by one of the guys from One Direction. I'm still ranking them in my top five, but I was a bit disappointed they went with an artistic routine after all that manly hawkishness.  

#4 Light Balance

It's always fun and visually stunning, and at some point, I'm going to have to stop complaining about a lack of crispness (or argue that putting Just Jerk in their costumes would guarantee a million bucks). All that matters is they've earned their spot in the finals.  

#3 Colin Cloud

He redeemed himself after a subpar quarterfinal routine that was all over the place, and it was good enough for me to stop caring whether or not a minimal amount of thought could explain it. It was long but stayed on topic (with the unnecessary exception of guessing Howie's phone pin), and where he really won me over was the effort put into dropping hidden hints to the judges. It obviously played no factor, but seeing him with a bald cap popping up at restaurants and as a roadie were hilarious.  

#2 Angelica Hale

Loving or hating singers is the choice du jour on AGT, but personally I can't get enough of this one. Yes, I root against vocalists winning. Yes, I prefer magicians and novelty acts. Yes, I refuse to get caught up in tragic backstories. And, yes, I realize the most successful thing a crooner has done post-show is perform at President Donald Trump's inauguration. However, not only is Angelica adorable, humble and incredibly polite, but she also transcends her kidney transplant tale of woe with the prime cut chops of a seasoned veteran performer. Plus, she makes my wife cry.  

#1 Mandy Harvey

Speaking of my wife and her musical background, here's her absolute favorite. Mandy's beautiful performance -- which Simon compared to Adele's early work -- would have been the best of the night even before you recognize how difficult it is to sing on key and on time when you can only feel the music. I said I don't get sucked up in the backstory, and that's why Mandy is one of the favorites to win. She's not amazing because she's deaf, or even amazing despite being deaf. She's so amazing that you forget a disability plays into the equation at all, and taking it into consideration adds to the wonderment without requiring any detraction from her performances.  

Virus-free. www.avast.com

__._,_.___

Posted by: C G <ceegee2006@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment